Special May Promotion on Pearls – Coming Soon!!!!!
- A pearl is a hard object produced within the soft tissue (specifically the mantle) of a living shelled mollusc.
- Just like the shell of a mollusc, a pearl is made up of calcium carbonate in minute crystalline form which has been deposited in concentric layers.
- The ideal pearl is perfectly round and smooth, but many other shapes of pearl occur. The finest quality natural pearls have been highly valued as gemstones and objects of beauty for many centuries, and because of this, the word pearl has become a metaphor for something very rare, fine, admirable and valuable.
- The most valuable pearls occur spontaneously in the wild, but they are extremely rare.
- Cultured or farmed pearls from oysters make up the majority of those that are currently sold.
- Pearls from the sea are valued more highly than freshwater pearls.
- However, almost all species of shelled molluscs are capable of…
View original post 1,785 more words